Sunday, June 4, 2017

Here & There 6.4

 photo IMG_0476_zpslostjr7q.jpg

Happy Sunday, friends, and happy June too (side note: where is this year going?!). How are you spending this last day of the weekend? It's finally farmers' market season here in Philly, so I took a walk up to Headhouse Square to grab a few things and browse the bookstore nearby for a couple of gifts. This is my favorite time of year here in Philly, even with all the rain this year. It's not too hot yet (because I know it will be soon!), everything is gloriously green, and the markets are filling up with all the local goodies. I'm planning on making a strawberry-rhubarb something this evening (haven't decided exactly what yet), and enjoying it on my stoop. This coming week shouldn't be too crazy, I've been working from home more frequently and have been enjoying the opportunity to get to the gym and a local yoga class on the regular, two things that are partially to blame for my absence from this blog as of late. It's hard to do everything, and lately I've been trying to figure out how best to put my mental and physical health first - and unfortunately (but also fortunately?) that doesn't involve extra hours in front of this screen. Or any other screen... which is hard when The Handmaid's Tale and Nashville are just calling your name.

(And by lately I really mean since January but especially since April when some weird health realities emerged - I'm fine, but perspective, you know?)

ANYWAY. Here are a few of my favorite things from the internet this week... see you soon with a real, live blog post about my experience with Thrive Market. Until then...

First and foremost: Our current leadership is still shitty, but there's things you can do - What YOU can do about climate change

This vintage wrap skirt is a summertime dream - I'd wear it with a black tank and ankle-wrap sandals

"Our brains behave like a beachball filled with bees" - funny, but also a really worthwhile read!

Love this avant-garde dress (this would look rad layered over it, too)

The mayor of Austin had the perfect response to... well, really the most ridiculous and insulting letter ever

How cute is this off-the-shoulder dress? These earrings would look great with it!

How to grow your own kombucha scoby - mine died recently, time to make a new one!

This swimsuit made me laugh (love these one piece swimsuits too)

What? This dress is so cute and from the most unexpected place (love the white option too and both are on sale!)

Don't become one of the 30 most disappointing under 30 (funny, but also a solid reality check)

I've been using this self-tanner lately and LOVE it - best I've used thus far

Easy breezy pieces for summer

A field of lavender nourished by trumps shitty tweets

Love this gorgeous handmade ring

Candles that smell like home

Sorry, but I think this is really funny: A father's day mug (and a cute card)